Where is the SharePoint object cache stored??

Vamsi
  • Where is the SharePoint object cache stored?? Vamsi

    We have experienced a strange issue in SharePoint. We backed-up and restored a site collection from WebApp1 to WebApp2 and both the site collections have Publishing Features activated (BLOB CACHE was NOT Enabled)

    After successful restore , none of the sites were working. Following Exception has occured :

    Site id <> could not be found OR File not found

    Solution :

    In the stack trace there method sitecachesettings(guid id).....Reset the IIS, and booom every thing works fine :)

    My Question :

    Where is object cache stored ??? how it works?? point me any links where I can dig in deep

    Thanks

  • The SharePoint object cache is stored in memory, which is why an IISReset clears it down. Depending on how you restored the site, I'd probably expect to need to do an IISReset after such an admin operation.

    More details on object caching here.

Related questions and answers
  • I have a SharePoint 2007 Publishing Site. The top level site is purely anonymous and one of the children is using Forms authentication using Custom membership provider. The Admin site is using windows authentication. How can I set the site output caching to allow best performance without risking having authenticated users see each others data (cached)?

  • Just wanted to see what the consensus on this one is… If you make a call to the OM to return a SP object e.g. SPListItemCollection, and then want to cache the results (to improve subsequent performance and usage of the object/data) would you "unpack" the contents of the collection/object into a custom class and cache that or just cache the native SP object? I’m not sure if there is any reason to introduce the overhead of a custom class etc?

  • I have recently generated a couple of ListDefinitions using both SPSource and VSeWSS SharePoint Solution Generator. In both cases, surpisingly, Visual Studio reports fake schema validation errors in schema.xml like The 'Description' attribute is not declared" for List xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/" BaseType="0" DefaultItemOpen="0" Description=""... >... followed by errors like Could not find schema information for the element 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/:GetVar'. Can anyone help me fix that?

  • We have 3 front-end servers each running multiple web applications. Each web application has an in memory cache. Recreating the cache is very expensive (>1 min). Therefore we repopulate it using a web service call to each web application on each front-end server every 5 minutes. The main problem with this setup is maintaining the target list for updating and the cost of creating the cache several times every few minutes. We are considering using AppFabric or something similar but I am unsure how time consuming it is to get up and running. How do you/would you update an expensive

  • While accessing My Site -> My Interests and Newsfeed Settings, I am getting this error: Error An unexpected error has occurred. Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. Correlation ID: ee7ff5fe-feed-472e-add8-639424410447 Date and Time: 4/8/2010 2:23:31 PM However the My Site -> My Colleagues option work well. Anybody faced this problem before? Environment: SP2010 Server on Windows 2008. I am using Administrator ID to login to the site. Digged the LOGs and found this: 04/08/2010 14:33:14.55 w3wp.exe (0x0828) 0x1AFC SharePoint

  • , and that the firewall is configured properly. Last, verify the connection information has been configured properly. This configuration is stored in the Windows Registry. AND Error ID: 3 - .Net...After following Spence Harbar's Rational Guide to implementing SharePoint Server 2010 User Profile Synchronization (http://www.harbar.net/articles/sp2010ups.aspx) exactly (and having it work several times for other implementations) in this particular instance, starting the user profile synchronization service generates the following errors (these can be found in the windows logs of the server

  • I have some code that creates a SharePoint site. When the code runs as part of the solution it works. However, when I run it as a unit test I get the following error: The test adapter 'WebHostAdapter' threw an exception while running test 'CreateSiteTest'. The web site could not be configured correctly; getting ASP.NET process information failed. Requesting 'http://localhost/VSEnterpriseHelper.axd' returned an error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. I have

  • I have a Silverlight 4 Beta application where I'd like to use the SharePoint object model to upload a document to a SharePoint site - should be simple enough, except an exception is thrown at: using (SPSite siteCollection = new SPSite(siteCollectionUrl)) The Web application at http://intranet.fabrikam.com could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL... isn't in the IIS metabase because it's being handled by DNS. My web application has an AAM set up and a host header on the web site in IIS. I also tried running the code without using the FQDN

  • I have run into a problem several times now where I have developed a custom timer job, and I want my site collection administrators to manage the schedule of this job with a custom application page but I keep running into security related obstacles. Since timerjobs are child objects of SPWebApplication, they are stored in the config database. If you have set up your farm properly in such a way... I can think of is to have another timerjob that polls some kind of queue (for example a sharepoint list in my site collection) for new timerjobs to create, and creates it if an item has been added

Data information