We have a heavy used site collection with a 30GB quota limit on the content DB - WSS_WebApp_Content1, I have verified the 'dbo.AuditData' table and found that it has 1.4c records and is 35 GB in size.
Why SharePoint is not considering 'dbo.AuditData' table while calculating the site-collection size? and what are all the other tables treated like this ?
A site collection quota is set to manage content in a site collection. There are tables in the database that store things other than content. The Audit Data is one example of that, in addition there are some user information tables.
I have a MOSS publishing site. Content is quite small. I noticed that content database size is now 5GB without any significant content changes made. Using a script to show the tables' sizes, I noticed that the EventCache table size alone is over 3.5 GB. Why is this? what is the reason for this? What to do about it to reduce the size?
Shall we recommand to have an audit settings enabled for a production site collection? if so, what are all the things that we have to consider before that? what would be the maximum size of an auditData table per contentDB. Note: We'd enabled audit setting for our production web-application and ended up with an issue with DB as auditData table grown to 50GB, so wants to ensure that everything is considered before suggesting any.
(defaultproperties, '"sample"') ORDER BY "Rank" DESC Why are these queries not returning all 3 results? We have tried setting TrimDuplicates to false but it makes no difference. ...We are having usual behaviour with FullTextSqlQuery and wonder if anyone can help. The following should return 3 records which represent 3 pages on the site with titles "Sample (test1)", "Sample (test2)", and "Sample (test3)". SELECT Title, Rank, Size, Description, Write, Path FROM portal..scope() WHERE ( ("SCOPE" = 'myScope') ) AND CONTAINS ('"sample"') ORDER BY "Rank" DESC For some reason
Is it possible from the MOSS 2007 OOTB web parts with no custom code of any sort to create a view of all document libraries on a given site expanded to show all folders and documents within it? Table of Contents will give you the libraries and CQWP will give you the documents but I'm looking for a combination of these I guess. I pretty sure it's not possible OOTB but thought I would ask this here just in case. Considering a DVWP to deliver the functionality but could save time if we can do this OOTB. NOTE TO SELF - Stop end users from using document libraries as folders!
from the server on which SharePoint is running, using the internal domain name (e.g. http://localhost:5050/site). If I view the site home page while not logged in, I can't see the webpart -- this is the correct behaviour. However, if I view the site via the public address (e.g. http://www.realaddress.co.uk:5050/site) while not logged in, I can see the webpart. (I shouldn't be able...I have a web part which I am trying to target to a specific audience (the 'Staff' audience.) I have the web part in the home page of a site that has anonymous access enabled. I have set the Target
We'd enabled all types of audit events for our production web-application and ended up with an issue with DB as auditData table grown to 50GB. Now, we want to reduce the size of the AuditData table. We already executed stsadm -o trimauditlog and it just helped us to reduce 5GB however stil would like to reduce the size of the table, so thought of deleting all "opening or downloading..." event type entries (now, we disabled the same event). Please let me the best possible way for the same. also, have you ever faced an issue with DB instance due the size of a table, if so, how did you resolve
How can I go about changing the distribution list as well as the email text for the email that goes out to site collection admin when a site collection approaches it's size limit?
Symptoms: You develop a browser-compatible InfoPath form with managed code for business logic. You use ContactSelector ActiveX control to look up and resolve users from the SharePoint site Users...;V1_I1_CP2;;T_sdja_%252F%252F0%252F%252F [4,["\n \n sdja",["\n \n sdja","","",-1],[true,[["sdja","",0,"",0,[["John Doe","CONTOSO\\sdja",1,"John Doe",""]]]],true],false,false,false],-1,false,false... the Contact Selector Control I can add that it is rendered in the browser (Firefox) as HTML table, div and span elements handling events with functions declared in Core.js for all ContactPicker controls
I have a standard website (one Web Application and one Site Collection) with some custom pages and webparts. The issue I'm having is that when I try to switch users, using the "Sign In As a Different User" and entering new credentials (even for another Site Collection admin account), IE tries the account three times, and then it presents a 401 Access Denied screen. After that, if I erase all the stuff of access denied page from the browser's url, I'm logged as the new account I just had entered and was not accepted. After researching for a while on google, I found a KB ( http