We had a situation where auditing was enabled for our site collection and generating monstrous amounts of data in our database. So we finally were able to trim all of that data out and then went in and disabled all of the options under "Configure Audit Settings" on the site collection.
However, the AuditData table continues to grow at an extremely quick pace.
Is there another setting somewhere that I missed to turn auditing off?
Is auditing perhaps enabled on one of your other site collections?
You can check this by downloading the free trial version of this tool and opening the Audit monitor screen in central administration, which provides a quick overview of auditing on all site collection.
No need to purchase it if you only doing this once.
Please note that I was involved n the development of this tool.
In line with Microsoft's recommendation to keep content databases on SharePoint 2007 under 100Gb, we often move site collections to different content databases to balance the load. However, we have noticed a problem - after we move the site collection to a new content database, the entries in the search index for everything in the site collection disappear. This seems strange as the paths... for the "new" data that was relocated to another content database. This is a big problem for us as part of our system architecture is to "archive" finished site collections to archive content databases
Shall we recommand to have an audit settings enabled for a production site collection? if so, what are all the things that we have to consider before that? what would be the maximum size of an auditData table per contentDB. Note: We'd enabled audit setting for our production web-application and ended up with an issue with DB as auditData table grown to 50GB, so wants to ensure that everything is considered before suggesting any.
We have a heavy used site collection with a 30GB quota limit on the content DB - WSS_WebApp_Content1, I have verified the 'dbo.AuditData' table and found that it has 1.4c records and is 35 GB in size. Why SharePoint is not considering 'dbo.AuditData' table while calculating the site-collection size? and what are all the other tables treated like this ?
Why is Session State disabled in SharePoint by default? Does it not make use of session in any feature of SharePoint at all? If so then which features require session?
We'd enabled all types of audit events for our production web-application and ended up with an issue with DB as auditData table grown to 50GB. Now, we want to reduce the size of the AuditData table. We already executed stsadm -o trimauditlog and it just helped us to reduce 5GB however stil would like to reduce the size of the table, so thought of deleting all "opening or downloading..." event type entries (now, we disabled the same event). Please let me the best possible way for the same. also, have you ever faced an issue with DB instance due the size of a table, if so, how did you resolve
We have an SSP indexing our site using a read-only account to spider the content. We have an issue that the SSP is indexing /pages/ without the name of an aspx. When returning search results this causes an Access Denied error when clicking on the link for anonymous users, although /pages/default.aspx does not require login. Why does /pages/ not redirect to /pages/default.aspx for anonymous users like it does for authenticated users? The entire site is setup to allow anonymous access.
infrastructure is not yet in place when this code is run. ORIGINAL QUESTION I have a custom site definition which is using an SPProvisioningProvider to configure the site collection. After calling... happening on our live farm. It did not happen on dev or in the test environment so I am hoping it is a configuration change, but all references I can find on Tinterweb (sic) are related to the Field Type 'PublishingHidden' being missing, but how can I restore this given that this is happening in the site collection provisioning process?
Organizer you have to assign rules that depend on a specific content type. So in our case we have to create identical rules for different Content Types, for example if Content Type = Contract and File Plan... content type (in our case document) that would apply to all inheriting Content Types but that is not the case. Does anyone know of a potential solution to this issue? It seems like the Content Type...We are currently doing a POC for a client to use SharePoint 2010 for Records Managment. The client has around 200 content types, and a deep nested file plan of around 500 potential nodes. In order
that it seems that all the timer-jobs are executed from the old database on MS SQL 2005. So we went in to the config database and we realize that the table TimerRunningJobs on the 2008 config database...We have recently migrated our MOSS databases from MS SQL Express 2005 to MS SQL 2008 both intances running on the same Windows 2003 server. After "successful" migration we switched the 2005 server off and test that everything still working as expected which it did! (or at least we thought it did). All its apparently working fine exept that after few minutes we started receiving an error