So, after a clean install of SharePoint 2010 you sometimes get a warning that a service is using a built in account. This is found in yellow in the Monitoring panel in Central Administration.
Upon further examinination, the service at fault is SPTraceV4 (though the actual error on the console (rather than the error detail) is SPTimerServiceV4 is failing).
Sure enough, upon checking the windows services console, the account for SPTraceV4 is the built in local service account.
So, is there a proper way to update this account to something other than local service OR to prohibit its provisioning with a local service account? Is this a bug?
Another thread with similiar detail is here:
server are starting and are using the FARM account. The ILMMA and MOSS- folders are NOT present in %Programfiles%\Microsoft Office Servers \14.0\Synchronization Service\MaData. A similiar thread... 22: The Forefront Identity Manager Service cannot connect to the SQL Database Server. This error now only exists once in the logs. The User Profile Sync service is now stuck at starting rather than fails. The FIM sync service doesnt start due to login failure (hence the error). Restarting does nothing. As mentioned the steps in Spence's guide have been followed and the appropriate account
jobs running at the time, plus I tried a reboot and got the same error message. I also try to start Forefront Identity Manager Service and it stops straight away (domain account or local system account): The Forefront Identity Manager Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs. Any ideas? Edit: User Profile Synchronization Service status is 'Stopped', but when I click 'Start' it asks for a password, where the account is 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' (and can't be changed
I have a publishing SharePoint site set up that allows self-provisioning accounts. I'm using ADMembershipProvider, along with the LdapRoleProvider. When user's create an account, they are automatically added to a default AD group, which is already added to the built in Visitors SharePoint group. So once the user creates an account and logs in, he/she has access to the landing page. We have some web parts that we set up to display only to certain user's in AD groups. With this, we chose to use audiences. After entering the AD group in the audience for the web part, it does not display even
... Yet another person is also reporting this error in the MSDN forums and the moderator comfirmed the behavior/issue. UPDATE 17/06/10: I am close to getting a definitive yes from MS support... have observed to exhibit this 'bug' is: a site collection or site is based on a publishing template (can be built-in e.g. collaboration portal or custom site template) SharePoint 2007 with updates post Infrastructure Update - in my situation it was applying SP2 but it might have been one of the culmlative updates after IU A search pre-SP2 using contentclass:STS_Site as a filter will list all
I am trying to pull data from the list.asmx web service from a console application. I am using clams based authentication, and whenever only integrated Windows Authentiation is checked everything works fine. Whenever I also check Enable Forms Based Authentication I start getting an Acccess is denied error when I try to connect to the service. I can login successfully using FBA so I don't think the problem is caused by the FBA configuration. Does anyone have any ideas to what might be causing this?
I'm implementing a custom BCS Model to get data from a backend system. As the backend uses it's own user management, I'm accessing it through a service account. All of this works well and allows me to pull data into SharePoint. However because it's channeled through the service account, everyone can access it, which is bad. Can anyone give me some tips which method to implement? The backend..., but ideally I want to cover security inside the BCS Model so that it applies to external lists as well. I want to avoid using Secure storage and mapping each individual user to the backend.
the possibility to create a new search service apps? The only new link i can see on the service application page menu is to create BDC service. alt text http://www.freeimagehosting.net...When I go to manage service applications in Central Administration and try to create a new service application like: New > Create a new service application, the link isn't active. My issue is I would like to create a Search Service Application after installing Search Server Express 2010. Do I need to run the Farm Configuration Wizard and install the below if I can create a Search Service
So I did create on an SPWeb 20 custom lists and then a tasks list. For each of those 20 lists I've created 20 site lookup columns. I then created 20 Content Types based on Task content type. Then I've added each content type to the Tasks list. After that I've added each lookup site column to the corresponding list content type. So far so good. I've built a custom WebPart that displays task items...); Update: I've built a C# console app which creates all lists / lookup columns / content types and add the lookup column to corresponding content type. Result: same thing, same magic number 13. Anyone
and SharePoint (as it is impossible to only uninstall the Reporting Services component with SQL Server 2005) used the same service account for all SQL services and the same for all SharePoint services given all service accounts domain administrator and local administrator permissions enabled Named Pipes and TCP/IP networking within SQL Server followed Troubleshooting Server and Database Connection Problems.... The Reporting Services URL has been set within Central Administration. When I fill in the "Grant Database Access" form with a user account and click OK, the following message displays: 'A connection