In SharePoint 2010, for a regular "custom" list calling SP.ListOperation.Selection.getSelectedItems() using the ECMAScript client object model returns an array of item IDs. These IDs correspond to the SPListItem.ID property of the server object model.
Using the same approach for an external (BCS) list, getSelectedItems() is returning IDs of the form "_bg40001300", "_bg40002300", "__bg40003300", etc... My application is passing these IDs as HTTP paramters to the server where the server OM is using them to try and access the selected SPListItems. Is there some way to access the selected SPListItem's using this strange ID, either by converting it into a standard list item ID, or using a different API method?
I'm using Search Server Express + WSS 3.0. I wanna crawl external public web sites. One site is : http://www.av.se/ When I try a full crawl it is throwing: http://www.av.se Access is denied. Check that the Default Content Access Account has access to this content, or add a crawl rule to crawl this content. Local sites and other public sites are getting crawled OK. What is wrong with that sit? Can you add it on Content sources and try a full crawl for testing?
Is there any published information (by the community or Microsoft) about performance of the new web service based Managed Client Object Model versus the pre-2010 object model?
If you open the DispForm.aspx for an item in a Calendar List, you see a link and display text to the Meeting Workspace (if one exists) for that event. How can I access the link to the Meeting Workspace from the Object Model? There appears to be a boolean field called "Workspace" which says if one exists or not, but I can't seem to find a way to see which Workspace it links to. Any ideas?
We have an issue in accessing custom a DB from a SharePoint custom webpart. When we try to access the custom DB from SharePoint webpart we are getting the error "Login Failed for User NTAuthority\Anonymous Logon". This issue occurs in the following scenario: WebApplication exists in seperate server DB Server Instance exists in seperate server and WebApplication AppPool uses "domain\someuser" and DB Server Instance has the same user "domain\someuser" and has permission to Custom DB. Web.config entries: <authentication mode="Windows" /> <identity impersonate="true" />
of heavy work in the object model. I only mentioned the Export to Spreadsheet because that's the only available method I know of off-hand, and its options are limitted. So I am comfortable with all manner... the ability to divide the spreadsheet into several worksheets based on a specific field. Is this possible to accomplish in WSS 3.0, through the object model or otherwise? There is a out-of-the-box Export to Spreadsheet, but it does not appear to support automated subdivision of the list items into separate worksheets. I do not know if Excel Services that come with MOSS are capable of it, but we do
attempting to start and run the UPS Sync) and eventually fails: Error ID: 22 - The Forefront Identity Manager Service cannot connect to the SQL Database Server. The SQL Server could not be contacted...) at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Workflow.Hosting.HostActivator.RetrieveWorkflowDataForHostActivator() at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Workflow.Hosting.HostActivator.ActivateHosts(Object source, ElapsedEventArgs e) .Net SqlClient Data...; activeHostedWorkflowDefinitions, ReadOnlyCollection1& workflowControlMessages, List`1& requestsToRedispatch) AND Error ID: 234 - ILM Certificate could not be created. (Note: There are several of these, one
I am trying out Visio Services in SharePoint 2010. I started to link data to shapes. I selected Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Services list in the Data Selector dialog box, imported a visio diagram, added the url to the site. I then selected Link to a list -> Tasks. When I try to 'Automatically Link Data Column to Shape Field' I can not see Shape Field ID. How can I add Shape Field ID?
and SPWeb.Url properties seem to return back whatever case they are instantiated with. In other words, the site collection is provisioned using the following URL: http://server/Path/Site Then, if I create a new Site Column using the SharePoint object model and happen to use http://server/path/site when instantiating the SPSite and SPWeb objects, the site column will be made available but when...Problem: Creating a site column using the SharePoint API (Object Model) with incorrect case in the URL for the SPSite or SPWeb object will cause the new column to throw an exception if an attempt
I have a two machine set-up, with MOSS 2007 installed on one server (Machine A), and SQL Server 2008 installed on the other (Machine B). In order to run SS Reporting Services in SharePoint integration mode on Machine B, I've read that I need to perform a minimal install of SharePoint on Machine B, and am wondering why. From a couple of error messages I see that it seems like Reporting Services in integration mode makes use of the SharePoint Object Model, but I haven't explored any further. So, purely just out of interest, why is it that I need to have a minimal SP install if my report