Constrain column view to one line

Lance Roberts
  • Constrain column view to one line Lance Roberts

    I have a task list that has a single-line text column, a Status column and a Modified By column (among others).

    It appears that the default view has the single-line text column taking up all the room it can, making the status and modified by column go to 2-line formatting. I'd like to force the Status and Modified By columns to display on only one line, and let the single-line text go to 2-lines if it needs to.

    How would I go about getting the single-line text column to lose priority for space?

    EDIT: I did the cheap fix of making the column names larger, but would like a better solution (I used underscores).

Tags
2007
Related questions and answers
  • I would like to modify the default text in Subject and Personal message, on the page: http://(sharepoint)/_layouts/aclinv.aspx Where do I change the text? Thanks :-)

  • When I go to manage service applications in Central Administration and try to create a new service application like: New > Create a new service application, the link isn't active. My issue is I would like to create a Search Service Application after installing Search Server Express 2010. Do I need to run the Farm Configuration Wizard and install the below if I can create a Search Service... and Health data collection This service collects farm wide usage and health data and provides the ability to view various usage and health reports. Update 1: I'm running Windows 2008 R2. I

  • I have the requirement to make a workflow fire when a task is modified and after it has been completed. After the task has been completed, I am trying to set it back to an uncompleted status. From another work flow I update the task 'status' from 'completed' to 'not started'. The status gets updated but after the task is completed the second time the status is not updated from 'not started' to 'completed'. The reason seems to be because i am unable to update the task's 'outcome' column from 'completed' to '' (blank). Is there a way to update this field non programatically? Specifically

  • " status. There are no errors or warnings in the Windows event log, and none that I can find in the SharePoint trace logs. Of the 42 PDF files in this folder, all are less than 5MB in size and most are less than 1MB. Can anyone offer some tips on troubleshooting this issue? Update: It looks like SharePoint is indexing the title metadata for these PDFs, just not the content. There is text content...It appears that there's at least one folder in one of our crawled network shares that's not getting indexed properly, as evidenced by searching for unique words known to be in PDF documents

  • I am using SharePoint 2007 + Windows Server 2008 with SharePoint 2007's publishing portal template. I am using List Web Part with Data Sheet view. I want to know how to make a column as a URL link (i.e. show text in the cell, and can associate a link with the text in each row for the specific column), i.e. when user clicks the text in the specific column of a specific row, the user will be directed to the link associated the text.

  • Is it possible to look-up anything but single line text values when creating a lookup column? E.g. I have a list with some general data ind it, one of the columns contains numbers. They should form the basis for a column in another list, but when I try to create the lookup, I can't select the column in question.

  • I'm using an InfoPath form embedded in a webpart in a MOSS 2007 webpage. I'd like to have a Customer go to this page and see a certain view and not any of the others. After the form is submitted, the engineering team needs to be able to see the Team View, which has all the submitted information plus fields they will fill in. I have these two views, and the single Customer view shows up by itself in the webpage because I turned off the toolbar that has view selection. But, that means that the engineering team can't see the Team View when they go to the form library. My idea is to have

  • . We have an event listener on these document libraries, and if we inspect the incoming SPListItem on the event listener method before a single line of our code has run, we see that the value for the lookup field is null. It smells like a SharePoint bug to me - but before I go calling Microsoft, has anyone seen this & worked around it? Edit: the only entry I see in the SP trace logs relating...I'm having this issue on several server environments. We have a list at the site collection root. There is a site column created as a multi-value lookup on that list's Title field. This site

  • , to have each one as a 'subsite' feels like overkill, but that may just be because I'm not used to the terminology. I would ordinarily just think of them as subsections of a website. The 'Support' section is essentially a set of embedded mini-applications such as issue tracking. As it is more substantial, and is not viewable by anonymous users, it feels like it would warrant being at least... a support section for customers requiring a login Contact Us one web page with contact details The top-level sections in my hierarchy, i.e. Home, Company, Products, Support, Contact Us would share

Data information